April 30, 2006

The End of An Era

I don't know if nine and a half months counts as an era, but I'd like to think it was a significant period of time. Around noon on Thursday, I stopped nursing Gloria. It happened a bit more suddenly and sooner than I was expecting, but it's going well. She is teething now and had already been getting more and more distracted while eating. It was frustrating for both of us towards the end, so Marc & I decided it was a good time for me to stop.

Teething is painful for the whole family. Gloria has her ups and downs with it. Mostly, it's affecting our sleep. She goes down at her normal time, but is waking during the night or really early in the morning. Which is why this kangaroo was my pillow the other morning when I laid down on the floor next to Gloria on the playpen for a nap at 5 am.

No comments: