September 8, 2005

Shots, Smiles and Size

We took Gloria to the doctor today for her 2-month appointment. She is growing like a weed! She is now 11 pounds, 7 ounces and 24 1/2 inches long. This places her in the 75th percentile for weight and the 99th percentile for height. She got her first vaccine shots today and she didn't like it one bit. I handled it better than I thought I would. She calmed down pretty quickly from the whole ordeal, though. I have Infant's Tylenol ready in case she needs it.

She smiles and coos all the time now. It's really amazing and I absolutely adore watching her. It's my favorite pasttime right now. It beats my second favorite pasttime--watching BBC programming on MPT--by a wide margin. In the last week or so, I've noticed that she has dimples. They are the most adorable thing in the world! I also noticed that she no longer has the white bump on her tongue that she's had since birth. I don't know when it disappeared, but it's gone.

She still sleeps pretty well for us at night. Some nights, she sleeps the whole night and other nights, she's up a few times. Usually, though, she's only up once during the night. Not bad at all!

No comments: