August 23, 2005

The Latest Buzz

Currently, I am recovering from a sugar buzz. Last night, Marc and I celebrated my birthday with our first date since Gloria's birth. We went to the Monday night all-you-can-eat dessert buffet at Vaccaro's. If you are a real fan of desserts, I would HIGHLY recommend going. It was nice to get away for a few hours. It was much less nerve-wracking than I imagined. No sitcom-esque calls to my parents every five minutes.

The other buzz is that loyal BOAN reader Frank and his wife, Rebecca, will "bee" welcoming their first child in February. Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

It's been a good week for us. Gloria is now spending more time awake each day. She loves her swing and spends hours a day in it. She loves to look at the lights and she naps in it during the day. She hasn't slept through the night again for about a week, but she's much easier to handle at night now. She's all business. Gets up, eats, gets a diaper change, eats, goes back to sleep. It's really nice.

No comments: