July 6, 2005

What does a woman 4 days past her due date look like?

Basically, this:


July 6 - 40 weeks, 4 days

I went to the doctor today and I have not made any major progress. I am about 100% effaced, but not dilated at all. So, I go to the Perinatal Center on Friday morning for a Non-Stress Test and Amniotic Fluid Index.

If either of these tests produce abnormal results, I will be admitted to the hospital to be induced. If the tests come back normal, I will be sent home in hopes of going into labor on my own. If I don't go into labor by Tuesday night, I will be admitted to the hospital at 8pm and will be induced to deliver by Wednesday.

It is my sincere hope that I will go into labor on my own before Tuesday. Please send all thoughts, prayers and "labor vibes" my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I wanted to check to see how you were doing and I'm so sorry that you are over due. I am thinking good thoughts for you to go in to labor on your own! I can't wait to hear all about your new little bundle of joy!
Love,
Steph