May 5, 2005

What a difference a week makes!

I went to see my midwife again last week. My blood pressure was normal. It wasn't even on the high side of normal, just normal. My lab results came back fine, so no ordered bed rest. I have to keep an eye on all of the signs of preeclampsia, but it looks like the worst is behind me. I'm still trying to take it easy as much as possible and put my feet up frequently.

I was 30 weeks, 6 days at my appointment and measuring around 32 weeks, which is good. The baby's heartbeat was nice and strong. Her head seems to be down (another good thing) with her butt on my right side. I have gained 15 pounds total (a loss of 1 pound since my last "official" appointment). I have another appointment next week.

I feel like I'm back in the first trimester sometimes because I'm completely exhausted all the time again. I slept for 11 hours the other night and could barely get myself out of bed--a luxury I know I won't have soon.

We are still trying to get our house in order for the baby's arrival. It would be a lot easier if we could buy our crib!

A special thank you to everyone who has been sending me Mother's Day cards--I can't believe how many Mother-to-Be cards there are!

Also, maybe just some wishful thinking, but could the bean be born in an O's playoff year? Woo-hoo first place!

No comments: