April 19, 2005

Latest Health Update

I was sent home from work by my midwife yesterday after I called to tell her about a headache that would not go away with Tylenol. I spent the afternoon and evening on my left side, propping my feet up as well as I could. I worked a half day today and am sitting here with my feet up. My biggest problem today is swelling in my feet, which seems to be largely heat-related. It's much cooler at my house and the swelling is reducing.

I go back to see the midwife on Thursday for a blood pressure check and a possible bed rest discussion. Keep your fingers crossed.

I forgot to post the really good news from my last appointment--I don't have gestational diabetes! That's one less thing to worry about now.

On a lighter note, today is Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's. Sue, Dawn and I ventured over. If you're near a scoop shop, you must go. I recommend "The Last Straw" which was yummy and is a scoop shop only flavor. It's not nearly as good as "Cool Brittania" but I don't know what is.

1 comment:

mollie said...

Liz- I hope that your appointment tomorrow goes well. My fingers are crossed! You look great!!