March 28, 2005

My Little Rockette

This past week has been full of excitement as the baby's kicks have been felt from the outside. Last Monday, I was getting ready for work and the baby was kicking stronger than ever. I had Marc put his hand on my belly and kept asking "Did you feel that?" This went on for a few minutes. Finally, I stopped asking. Then, just as I was feeling a kick, his face lit up because he felt it, too! It was pretty amazing. Marc has felt it a few more times this week.

Yesterday, the combination of good food and lots of candy woke the baby up after dinner so my mom and sister could feel, too.

The baby's newest play toy, unfortunately, is my bladder. When the baby isn't kicking my bladder, she seems to enjoy staying on my right side and kicking me repeatedly in the same place. This is most common around 2:30 in the afternoon when I'm sitting at my desk or as soon as I lay down to go to sleep.

No comments: