March 8, 2005

4 months and counting


Here I am on March 2--4 months from my due date. My belly is getting much more noticeable, especially when I'm not wearing maternity clothes (e.g. flannel pajama pants). The baby is moving around constantly and I'm noticing movement during the night. We're still not able to feel the baby from the outside yet, though.

We celebrated Marc's last "child-free" birthday this weekend. To prepare, Marc and I started the redecorating of our entire house. We are moving furniture around to get ready for the summer arrival.

In strange food stuff news, many of you heard about my sudden aversion to ketchup, a mainstay in my frozen french fry heavy diet. Long story short, I'm eating ketchup with reckless abandon again! For those of you who haven't heard, here's the crazy pregnant lady story:

I got home from work one night, turned on the oven and made some frozen steak fries. They finished baking, I put them on a plate and proceeded to create my ketchup pile. I dunked the first fry, bit into it and almost threw up. It tasted like rubbing alcohol! I thought it was the french fry, so I tried a different one. Same thing. I opened the bottle of ketchup and the whole thing smelled like rubbing alcohol. I, being a calm and rational pregnant woman, quickly got online, emailed the nice people of Heinz, vowing to take this to Teresa herself if I had to, and threw out the bottle of ketchup. A few nights later, I was eating a salad with a vinaigrette dressing and noticed it tasted odd. A few nights later, something similar, making me realize that I may have been having an aversion to vinegar. I decided to give ketchup another go, with no luck. Finally, over brunch on Sunday, I tried again and the ketchup was fine!

We'll be posting more ultrasound pictures after my appointment on Thursday.

No comments: