January 18, 2005

Just a quick update...

It's been a slow few weeks, but I thought I'd still update everyone.

New year's eve was fun, though my most sober since the year I got sick at the Towson Drapetorium without drinking! My new year's resolution? Not to get pregnant in 2005!

I'm enjoying life in the second trimester. About two weeks ago, I was able to feel the baby moving internally for the first time. Now, I'm so aware of it! He/she is most active in the evening. It will only be a few weeks before I can feel those kicks from the outside! Everyone will be more than welcome to feel when the time is right.

I'm still thoroughly exhausted all the time. It's the one thing that really won't go away. I got a cold a few weeks ago that I shook, but I've gotten another one now. I seem to be easily able to get sick now, which is not much fun when you can't take any medicine!

We've gotten a few more gifts from people and a few things lent to us. My grandmother's house is beginning to fill up with my cousin's hand-me-downs which I am THRILLED to have! I don't even know what's there--I'll have to check it out before we register. Sara, my parent's neighbor who has a little girl who just turned one this weekend, lent me several of her pregnancy and delivery books. I saw Dan and Emily over Christmas and they gave us the most adorable duck blanket, bib and musical stuffed animal. My parents also found my old Orioles jacket from my toddler years, so I'm taking good care of that for baby's first baseball game (not this summer, though). Cory sent me the most stylish diaper bag I've ever seen last week. I'm really thankful that I'll be the most stylish new mom around! And speaking of style, my maternity wardrobe just quadrupled last week when Susan, a work colleague, lent me two huge tubs of her maternity clothes. It's all great stuff and it just saved me a few hundred dollars (or the agony of putting together several outfits from a few pieces).

A few things in the world of pop culture have happened lately that make me feel like the world is changing too much for me right now. While I know that neither of these things are monumental changes in society, they were just weird things for me to try to handle.
1. Dick Clark didn't host New Year's Rockin' Eve
2. WHFS went off the air!

I go to the doctor's on Friday to meet with the new midwife for the first time. I'll keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Liz, Marc & Baby- so glad to hear that things are going well! Congratulations.

Marc said...

Thanks, Mollie, and thanks also for your card!