December 27, 2004

Bean's First Christmas

Marc and I celebrated our last pre-baby Christmas together. I am thankful that our holiday gets spread over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On the 24th, we went to Marc's mom's house for food and presents. (Note the pregnant lady importance placed on food.) We were very thankful for the restraint by everyone to NOT get any baby gifts, save a baby wipe in Marc's stocking. On the 25th, we opened presents at our house and then went to my parents' house for dinner and gifts. My parents showed less restraint in getting us baby gifts, but didn't go overboard (a bib, some books and a toilet lock). I also got some nice maternity clothes. I'm very comfy today in my new shirt and pants!

I think the baby thing I'm most excited about is Christmas next year. I know how cheesy this sounds, but there really isn't anything like seeing a child's face light up at Christmas.

In other news, I checked out the WebMD site about how the baby is growing. This week, he/she will grow to the size of a peach!

No comments: